Style Graduate

Professional style on a graduate student budget.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Worth it or not?

A great outfit is sometimes worth going a little bit out of your normal price range. Sometimes, however, you'll run across an outfit that isn't worth it at twice the price. Let's compare two outfits with the same price, and see which goes into which category.

The one on top is $179 at bebe.com:

The bottom one is by Catherine Malandrino, and is $165.99 at Bluefly.com:
So which one is worth the price? If you guessed the lovely lavender frock, give yourself a cookie. If you picked the "glamour satin jumpsuit", however, you'll have to stand in the corner and think about your fashion choices.

3 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is especially true if you have 'special needs.' Like I have long legs, so whenever I can find pants that have a long length - I'm buying it. I can't tell you how many cheap pair of pants I have bought that shrunk after 1 wash. Spend a little extra for quality, and I have pants that last years.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Style Graduate said...

Jazz, you are definitely right about 'special needs' fashion; when pieces have to fit just right it is even more important to make sure you are getting quality. I peeked in on your wonderful blog; I love your style!

SG

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Good point. I love that dress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home