Style Graduate

Professional style on a graduate student budget.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Nordstrom weddings part II: The Bride

The fact that my friend is getting married, and not me, has not stopped me from ogling dresses for her. The funny thing is, I'm not even sure I want to wear a wedding gown when I get married. But I do like looking at them!

Again, I don't like bridal salons. I think often the more "affordable" dresses (i.e. those costing under $600 or so) are poorly made, and not worth the money. I also don't like the big, froufrou gowns. So I think a well-made cocktail or evening dress in white or ivory is an excellent alternative, especially since many of these can be worn again at fancy dress events. Here are some I've been eyeing (on my friend's behalf, of course!) at Nordstrom.
I want that last one for myself, just to wear to the ballet or the symphony. It's so youthfully elegant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home