Nordstrom weddings part II: The Bride
The fact that my friend is getting married, and not me, has not stopped me from ogling dresses for her. The funny thing is, I'm not even sure I want to wear a wedding gown when I get married. But I do like looking at them!
Again, I don't like bridal salons. I think often the more "affordable" dresses (i.e. those costing under $600 or so) are poorly made, and not worth the money. I also don't like the big, froufrou gowns. So I think a well-made cocktail or evening dress in white or ivory is an excellent alternative, especially since many of these can be worn again at fancy dress events. Here are some I've been eyeing (on my friend's behalf, of course!) at Nordstrom.
- strapless organza dress, $148.00
- strapless gown with sash, $178.00
- lace halter gown, $178.00, shown below
- silk cross-back gown, $188.00 ($242.00 for plus sizes)
- silk chiffon dress with illusion bodice, $184.00