Style Graduate

Professional style on a graduate student budget.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Unclaimed luggage

It is remarkable how much luggage is left unclaimed at airports every year. Airlines sell the stuff off, and many buyers snap it up sight unseen. One such buyer is the Unclaimed Baggage Center, which then sells everything at a megastore in Alabama, with a small selection available online. Many items are actually unclaimed cargo, so you can get factory sealed items at steep discounts. Because they sell whatever they get, it can be hit or miss if you need something in particular. But you can still find some great bargains, like iPods and digital cameras. Browse around and see what you can find!

This brand new Kate Spade organizer is $90 off retail.

5 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger BG said...

Just visited the Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro last weekend. I went to find a Burberry coat but did not find one (my husband found one there several years ago). However, I did find a great new Ann Taylor Loft pinstripe pencil skirt for $8.00! Also found a cute GAP skirt with front ribbon tie for $10.00!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Style Graduate said...

burberrygirl - what wonderful finds! I'm especially jealous because I don't have enough skirts in my closet; I should fix that.

If I ever go to Alabama (it's not looking likely in the near future) I'll make sure to hit the UBC. :)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger BG said...

UBC is quite an experience! If you go, you must seek out the good deals, but it can be worth it. Also, another stop in Scottsboro would be a little "bargain basement" type store called Hammer's. I found a fabulous grey Anne Klein skirt suit for $30.00. All I really need to do to it is have the lining replaced.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Style Graduate said...

Thanks for the tip; if I find myself in Scottboro I'll definitely look it up!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Style Graduate said...

Oops, I meant Scottsboro, not Scottboro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home