Style Graduate

Professional style on a graduate student budget.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

just can't let go?

Even though the end of September is *quickly* approaching, I am still having a hard time saying goodbye to summer. Luckily, the gulf stream (? something like that) keeps the DC area more or less warm until around Halloween. In fact, I was *just* outside and felt a tad too warm in jeans and a top with 3/4 sleeves.

It's times like these when I am frantically trying to wear all of my sandals and open-toed shoes before it's too late! Which made me think that I need to share Mohop Shoes with you all. A lovely husband-and-wife team from Chicago are responsible for these gorgeous creations. These sandals are completely handcrafted and are infinitely customizable, just by changing the shoe's ribbon!

This is one of my favorites from the gallery. You start by picking the heel you like (always the highest for me, of course!), and then the handpainted sole that speaks to you the most. Then, pick your ribbon and you're ready to go! You'll see from the gallery that customers have sent in pictures with their own customizations...buttons like the picture shown, various trims from the fabric store, their own vintage ribbons, and more!

These shoes are definitely a splurge, but at around $150 are waayyy more affordable than any handmade shoes I've ever heard of. Sometimes you need a little bit of luxury!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home