Style Graduate

Professional style on a graduate student budget.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Carnival of the Bargain!

This week's Carnival is hosted by The Bargain Queen, who asks "What is your best-ever bargain? Where did you find it, how much was it and why is it your favourite?"

This is a difficult question to answer, because my very best bargains were on intangibles: my education was a steal at twice the price; in exchange for just being myself, I have the most wonderful boyfriend imaginable; I've given a few moments of laughter to cement a friendship. I don't think this is what The Bargain Queen wants to hear!

If I can't give you my best bargain, I will give you two that rank up there. Several summers ago I bought a pair of Rocket Dog sandals for only $10 at a sidewalk sale. I wore them well into the fall, despite the chilly September nights here in Pennsylvania, because they were so comfortable and went with everything. Unfortunately, Rocket Dog doesn't seem to make anything like them anymore.My second one is more recent; I bought a set of delightfully soft sheets from Amazon. These are wonderful sheets to sleep in, and only cost $29.99 for the whole set. I should have bought more than one, because now they are unavailable. I love going to sleep cuddled in soft smoothness, and they are perfect for regulating body temperature. They make my bed (Ikea!) that much more inviting.

I guess the lesson is that bargains can be fleeting. Don't buy something just because it is cheap, but if it is something you want and need, and you can get a great deal, carpe diem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home