Here's a cheap but delicious bread recipe. Beer bread can be made using beer that might be just past the point of drinking, and it's a great way to get rid of that last can or bottle hanging around from last weekend. The darker the beer you use, the hoppier the bread will taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix 3 cups self-rising flour * and 1 cup granulated sugar.
- Pour in 12 oz. beer and mix well; the dough will be very thick and sticky.
- Pour dough into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes to an hour.
*You can buy self-rising flour, but if you only have bread flour or all-purpose flour, you can make your own by mixing 3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and 2 tsp salt.