Style Graduate

Professional style on a graduate student budget.

Friday, October 06, 2006

tsumami kanzashi (a wedding style post)

Just to let you know, when I joined the stylegraduate crew, it was under the assumption that I'd occasionally blog about wedding related style. This is one such post!

I recently encountered tsumami kanzashi, a Japanese hair ornament. I apologise for the blurriness of this photograph, but it was stealth photography. You can, however, still clearly see what I love about this particular kanzashi, that is, the gorgeous flowers at the top and my favourite element, the long cords flowing to the little bells at the bottom. This (but in red) is now the hair piece that I want to wear, not only at my own wedding but all the time.


Options are two: make my own (I'm industrious, but terrible at sewing) or buy them (this site looks expensive but beautiful). For those of you not looking for red hair pieces, etsy has a number of white and cream pieces.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to sew them... they glue them! Have a look on craftster.com for ideas on how to make them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home